ProgrammesModule: Mathematics for Economics
Course Title: Mathematics for Economics
Course Code: UU-ECO-1004-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics and Business - MW
The module exposes the students to various techniques and thinking within the discipline of mathematics for economics, as well as to basic mathematical concepts that can be applied in Economics. Students will also be able to develop mathematical skills in order to solve economic problems.
The aim of the module is to enhance students’ understanding of mathematical techniques used in Economics and Business.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding on how mathematical techniques are useful to approach economic theory and practice.
- Explain how mathematical techniques are applied in economics and business and used as a decision-making tool.
- Prepare an economic and business analysis using mathematical approaches.
- Distinguish basic principles in mathematics and their application in economics and business.
- Apply mathematical methods to problem solving.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103