ProgrammesModule: Accounting I
Course Title: Accounting I
Course Code: UU-ACG-1019-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics and Business - MW
This module exposes students to the main concepts and areas of accounting in order to be able to deal with various accounting processes with the aim, scope, objectives and success criteria for a successful career in the accounting sector.
The aim of the module is to enhance students’ understanding of the main principles of accounting, including the accounting equation and the double entry system.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Explain what accounting is about.
- Discuss the accounting equation, and how accounting transactions affect the items in the accounting equation.
- Prepare trial balance, income statement, and balance sheet.
- Operate the imprest system for petty cash.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)