Course Title: Management
Course Code: UU-MAN-1110-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics and Business - MW
The module exposes students to the practice of management, i.e. initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time.
The aim of the module is to introduce students to a range of important management processes, which can be used to support the main management functions.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Explain the importance of management both as an occupation and as a universal human activity.
- Apply the basic management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
- Demonstrate how management can help organizations become effective and efficient.
- Assess the importance of the external business environment and its effect on the management of the organization.
- Discuss the importance of team work in management.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)