Course Title: Management
Course Code: UU-MAN-1110-MW
Programme: Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Economics and Business - MW
The module exposes students to the practice of management, i.e. initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time.
The main objectives of the course are:
- To introduce students to the basic concepts and functions of management.
- To introduce students to a range of important management processes, which can be used to support the main management functions.
- To help students understand the nature of the external business environment and its effect on the organization
- To provide students with an understanding of the systemic nature of organizations.
- To guide students, in appreciating the importance of human resources in management.
- To help students appreciate the importance of team work in management and become effective team players.
- To familiarize students with decision making tools and develop their analytical skills.
- To develop students’ critical thinking and their ability to develop an argument and to defend a position.
- To encourage students to engage in debates on management issues, including controversial management topics.
Prerequisites: UU-BA-IND100, UU-FNT-103