Creative Arts: Teaching Methodology and AssessmentModule Details
Course Title: Creative Arts: Teaching Methodology and Assessment
Course Code: UU-PED-3040-MW
Creative Arts brings together various types of arts and creative production. This module combines Art and Craft, Drama, Dance and Music. The module explores different visual art forms and their cultural connections. Student teachers engage in intellectual, interpretive and practical aspects of creative arts, including defining, analysing, classifying, and explaining concepts, principles and practical applications of the creative arts.
The aim of the module is to introduce student teachers to the creative arts so that they can develop knowledge, attitudes, creative and imaginative skills, together with aesthetic sensitivity and values to help learners embrace, appreciate and practice the creative arts.
Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the module student teachers should be able to:
1. Define Creative Arts and their different forms in societies and cultures.
2. Analyse content and methods of teaching creative arts in the primary curriculum.
3. Classify the various types of creative art.
4. Apply creative design principles.
5. Interpret various types of creative arts through writing and speaking.
6. Explore forms of Drama, Dance, Music, Arts and Crafts.
7. Display creative arts of their choice.
8. Apply methods of teaching, learning and assessing creative arts.
9. Improvise resources for teaching, learning and assessing creative arts.
Prerequisites Categories: Year 1, Year 2
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)