Marketing CommunicationsModule Details
Course Title: Marketing Communications
Course Code: UU-MBA-727-MW
This module focuses on the messages and media used to relay information about a market and the communication strategies that may be used to reach target markets.
The module aims to help students understand the principles and practices of marketing communications and the selection and use of marketing tools to inform consumers and to provide a managerial framework for integrated marketing communications planning.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Apply marketing communication theories and concepts to understand the business environment for a company
- Discuss the importance and role of marketing communications in marketing and marketing planning
- Generate marketing communication objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical background and the practical application of skills and resources that are necessary for communicating in markets effectively
- Develop marketing communication objectives for a specified target market considering a range of media and methods available to marketers
- Evaluate analyzed data and evidence-based information
- Integrate tools such as Advertising, Sales Promotions, Direct Marketing, Public Relations etc. to enhance the dynamic function of a corporation in the market, while maintaining a strong branding strategy
- Discuss the nature and use of the various communication tools and advertising media (television, radio, newspapers, magazines, and out-of-home) in advertising campaigns.
- Design an advertising campaign
- Develop a promotional tactical advertisement (including print, audio or visual methods).
- Apply techniques and methods in marketing communication for a variety of real life situations and conditions.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)