Consumer BehaviorModule Details
Course Title: Consumer Behavior
Course Code: UU-MBA-725-MW
This module covers how behaviour influences the way products/services are consumed and how and why consumers behave the way that they do. The module will cover different theories of marketing, psychology and other behavioural sciences that are related to consumer behaviour. The module will help students to understand and apply these theories to predict how consumers will respond to different marketing situations.
The purpose of this module is to introduce students to consumer behaviour in the market place and the principal factors that influence consumers as individuals and decision makers in the buying process.
Module Learning Outcomes
After completion of the module students should be able to:
- Explain the key terms, definitions, and concepts used in the study of consumer behaviour.
- Apply the key terms, definitions, and concepts used in the study of consumer behaviour.
- Apply knowledge of consumer behaviour to develop marketing programs and strategies to influence those behaviours.
- Critique the effectiveness of various advertisements and promotions and their attempts to influence the behaviour of individuals.
- Analyze the trends in consumer behaviour and apply them to the marketing of products and services.
- Synthesise consumer behaviour information and existing knowledge gathered from a number of sources and experiences;
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team addressing consumer behaviour topics.
Complete a project that demonstrates both working knowledge and analytical skills in assessing the consumer decision-making process.
Prerequisites Categories: -
Typical Module duration: 7.0 Week(s)